national Arts Festival Banner

Sunday, August 30, 2015


(John Oxley, Still life, oil on board)

Just opened at the Tatham Art Gallery in Pietermaritzburg is an exhibition honouring the contribution to artistic production by staff and students of the Centre for Visual Art (CVA) at the University of KwaZulu-Natal.

The CVA moved from Durban to the Pietermaritzburg campus of Natal University in 1937. Over the ensuing 78 years, it has gained a national and international reputation for excellence. Art works by those who studied and/or taught at the CVA are on view throughout the Gallery, identified by a CVA label.

Homage to the Centre for Visual Art (CVA), University of KwaZulu-Natal runs in the Tatham Art Gallery’s Schreiner Gallery until October 11 at 17h00. 

The Tatham Art Gallery is situated opposite the Town Hall in Chief Albert Luthuli Street, Pietermaritzburg. It is open from Tuesdays to Sundays from 10h00 to 17h00. Café Tatham is open on Saturdays. Safe parking with a car guard available. More information on 033 392 2801 or visit